SecMidwest is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that is focused on education, our goals are:
- Provide free high quality training and presentations to improve overall Cyber Security
- Collectively discuss challenges our industry faces, and provide actionable intel to take back to our day jobs.
- Explore emerging technology and how we can put it to use
- Have a space to practice our skills and teach each other how to use new tools
- Expand our local peer group
SecMidwest is 100% funded by donations and staffed by volunteers if you would like to contribute to the project or sponsor a meeting
SecMidwest meetings are free to attend with no registration required, just show up to the meeting.
Legal details about SecMidwest
Our goal is to be educational, informal, low pressure, and fun. We encourage you to bring a laptop, we will have CTFs, puzzles, or you can follow along to the presentation.
Time and Date: 2nd Tuesday of the Month at 6PM CST
Location: TrueNorth Learning Center (500 1st St SE, Cedar Rapids IA)
Guest Speaker and Topic: TBD
Intended Meeting Layout
6:00PM to 6:15PM
- Meeting formats and scope
- Financial Disclosure
- Details for the following meeting
6:15PM to 6:30PM
- Security related news and events
- Local Events
- Open Forum
- Workshop (Kali Tools, Badge, etc…)
6:45PM to 7:30PM
7:30PM to 8:00PM
- Overflow and General Feedback
Still unsure? Common Questions about SecMidwest
What is SecMidwest?
– SecMidwest is a gathering of individuals who want to learn, grow, network and interact with other technology and security minded individuals.
Is SecMidwest for me?
– If you enjoy or work with technology and security on a daily basis, we welcome you to join.
Do I need to be a security expert to attend SecMidwest?
– We want people of all levels of knowledge to attend. One of our key strategies is to foster learning and growth from the community. If you want to learn, or have been in the industry for decades, we want everyone to find value.
Board Meeting Agenda